Yen-Cheng Chen Professor
Academic Degrees: Ph.D. in Computer Science, National Tsinghua University, Taiwan
Specialties: Network Management, Information Security, Wireless Network and Mobile Computing, Internet of Things
Laboratory: Computer and Network Communication
Laboratory: Computer and Network Communication
Research and Publication
- Chung Yuan Christian University, Department of Civil Engineering, Adjunct Assistant Professor (1997/8 ~ )
- Ming Chuan University, Department of Information Management and Information Science, Assistant Professor (1998/8 ~ 2001/7)
- National Chi Nan University, Department of Information Management, Assistant Professor (2001/8 ~ )
- Web Technologies, Electronic Commerce
- Network Management, Telecommunication Management Networks
- Internet Technologies
- Eelectronic Commerce
- Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing
- Parallel and Distributed Processing
- Electronic Commerce: Microsoft Site Server Commerce, IBM Net.Commerce
- Network Management: SNMP, RMON, HP OpenView Platform, Cisco CiscoWorks, Sun Java Management API, X/Open's XOM/XMP API, MRTG.
- Distributed Computing: CORBA, Java RMI, Socket Programming.
- Database: SQL, Sybase System 10, Sybase Open-Client/DB-Library, ObjectDesign's OODB ObjectStore, MS Access, MS SQL Server.
- Software Methodologies: Software Quality Assurance, Object-Oriented Analysis & Design.
- Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, VB
- TMN Q3
- HiNet Web-Based - HiView
- HiNet Web-Based POP - HiPOP
- GSN Web-Based - GSNView
- TWIX Web-Based - IXView
- (TMN) members
- AOW(Asia Oceania Workshop) NM-SIG memebers
- Y.C. Chen, Z.C. Yeh, G.H. Chen, 1989, “Using Fewer Processors to Reduce Time Complexities of Semigroup Computation,” Information Processing Letters, Vol. 32, No. 2, July 1989, pp. 89-93. (SCI, EI)
- Y. C. Chen, W. T. Chen, G. H. Chen, and J. P. Sheu, 1990, "Designing Efficient Parallel Algorithms on Mesh-Connected Computers with Multiple Broadcasting," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 1, no. 2, April 1990, pp. 241-246. (SCI, EI)
- Yen-Cheng Chen, W. T. Chen, and Gen-Huey Chen, 1992, "Efficient Median Finding and Its Application to Two-Variable Linear Programming on Mesh-Connected Computers with Multiple Broadcasting," Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 15, no. 1, May 1992, pp. 79-84. (SCI, EI)
- Yen-Cheng Chen and W. T. Chen, 1994, "Constant Time Sorting on Reconfigurable Meshes," IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 43, no. 6, June 1994, pp. 749-751.(SCI, EI)
- C.S. Lu, Ching-Fu Kuo, Hey-Chyi Young, Yen-Cheng Chen et al., 1995, “A Key to an Open Integrated Management of Networked Information Systems - OMNIPoint,” Vol. 25, No.1, Feb. 1995, pp.7-18.
- Yen-Cheng Chen, , Yao-Jung Chan, and Cheung-Wo She, "Enabling Location-Based Services in Wireless LAN Hotspots," International Journal of Network Management, vol. 15, issue 3, May 2005. (EI)
- Yen-Cheng Chen and Lo-Yao Yeh, "An Efficient Nonce-Based Authentication Scheme with Key Agreement," Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 169, Issue 2, Oct. 15, 2005. (SCI)
- Yen-Cheng Chen and Yi-Ping Lee, "A Signal RSD Based Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks," Journal of Internet Technology, vol. 6, no. 1, Jan. 2005, pp. 63-72. (EI, TSCI)
- Yen-Cheng Chen and Gang-Ming Fan, "Location-Based Push Services in Wireless LAN Hotspots," Journal of Internet Technology Vol. 7, No. 1, Jan. 2006, pp.59-67. (EI, TSCI)
- Yen-Cheng Chen and Io-Kuan Chan, "SNMP GetRows– An Effective Scheme for Retrieving Management Information from MIB Tables," International Journal of Network Management. Volume 17, Issue 1, Jan, 2007, pp. 51-67. (EI)
- Hung-Yu Chien, Hung-Yi Ten, and Yen-Cheng Chen, "An efficient authentication protocol with anonymity for 3G/WLAN interworking," to appear in Journal of Internet Technology. (EI, TSCI)
- Yen-Cheng Chen, G.H. Chen, 1988, “Using Fewer Processors to Reduce Time Complexities of Semigroup Computation,” Proceedings of International Computer Symposium, Dec. 1988.
- Y. C. Chen, W. T. Chen, G. H. Chen, and J. P. Sheu, 1989, "Reducing Time Complexities of Semigroup Computations on Mesh-Connected Computers with Multiple Broadcasting," Proceedings of ICPP '89 - the 18th International Conference on Parallel Processing, St. Charles, Illinois, USA, Aug. 1989, pp. III.234-III.241.
- Yen-Cheng Chen, W. T. Chen, and Gen-Huey Chen, 1990, "Two-Variable Linear Programming on Mesh-Connected Computers with Multiple Broadcasting," Proceedings of ICPP '90 - the 19th International Conference on Parallel Processing, St. Charles, Illinois, USA, August 1990, pp. III.270-III.273.
- Yen-Cheng Chen and W. T. Chen, 1992, "Reconfigurable Mesh Algorithm for Summing Up Binary Values and Its Applications," Proceedings of Frontiers '92: The IEEE 4th Symposium on the Frontiers of Massively Parallel Computation, McLean, Virginia, USA, Oct. 1992, pp. 427-433.
- C.S. Lu, Yen-Cheng Chen, et al., 1993, “An Experimental OSI Network Management System: TLMS,” Proceedings of the 8th International Joint Workshop on Computer Communication,” Dec. 1993, pp.E-2-3-1 ~ E2-3-8.
- C.S. Lu, P.F Chen, Y.C.Chen, et al., 1994, “An Implementation of a Practical Network Management System: TLView,” Proceedings of the 9th ICOIN, 1994.
- C.S.Lu, C.Y. Wu, Y.C.Chen, et al., 1994, “An Editing Environment for Definition of Managed Objects,” Vol. II, Proceedings of the 14th International Telecommunication Symposium, Sep. 1994, pp.125-131.
- H.C. Young, S. S. Lin, J.S. Lin, C.C Lo, T.H. Fang, M.C. Huang, Y.S Wang, C.H. Hu, C.W. Chen, M.T. Chang, S.H. Liao, Y.C. Chen, R.S Lin, S.W. Sun,1999, "The Rinpoche System a Web-based Integrated HiNet Network Management System," ISCOM '99, 1999.
- Yen-Cheng Chen, "Enabling Uniform Push Services for WAP and WWW," Proceedings of Workshop on the 21st Century Digital Life and Internet Technologies, 2001.
- Yen-Cheng Chen, Yao-Jung Chan, Cheung-Wo She, 2003, "Enabling Location-Based Services on Wireless LANs," Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Networks, Sydney, NSW, Australia, Sep. 2003.
- Yen-Cheng Chen and Gang-Ming Fan, "Location-Based Push Services in Wireless LAN Hotspots," International Symposium on E-Commerce, Nantou, Taiwan, Dec. 2003.
- Hung-Yu Chien, Hung-Yi Teng, Yen-Cheng Chen,“Highly Efficient Authenticated Key Agreement in Integrated 3G/WLAN IP Networks with Multiple Partially Trusted Providers,” ISC2005, June 2005.
- Lo-Yao Yeh, Yen-Cheng Chen,“An Efficient Integrated Authentication and Access Control Scheme Using Smart Cards,” ISC2005, June 2005.
- Wen-Tsuen Chen, Te-Wei Ho, Yen-Cheng Chen, "An MAC Protocol for Wireless Ad-hoc Networks Using Smart Antennas," Proceedings of ICPADS 2005, Fukuoka, Japan, July 20 - 22, 2005.
- Yen-Cheng Chen, Lo-Yao Yeh, “An Efficient Authentication and Access Control Scheme Using Smart Cards,” First International Workshop on System and Networking for Smart Objects, 2005 (in conjunction with ICPADS 2005), Fukuoka, Japan, July 20 - 22, 2005.
- CS Lu, Yen-Cheng Chen, H.C. Young, 1995, “A Preliminary TMN System: TLOMS,” Best paper award, June 1995, pp.1-16.