Tzu-Yi Yu Professor
Academic Degrees: Ph.D., Mississippi State University
Specialties: Medical Information, Optimization Computing, Parallel Processing, Windows Programming Application and Design, RFID Applications
Research and Publication
- USA, University of Alabama at Birmingham Mechanical Engineering Visiting Scholar 〈07/2003~09/2003〉
- USA, Center for Computational System , Mississippi State Visiting Scholar〈08/1/2001 ~ 08/1/2002〉
- National Chi Nan University, Department of Information Management, Assistant Professor〈08/1998 ~ present〉
- Chaoyang University of Technology, Department of Information Management, Assistant Professor〈08/1997 ~ 07/1998〉
- USA, NSF(National Science Foundation) Engineering Research Center, Mississppi State University Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- USA, Engineering Sciences, Inc. Engineering Consultants〈12/1995 ~ 07/1997〉
- Tzu-Yi Yu, Hsu-Hua Ho, “Designing an efficient electroencephalography system using database with embedded images management approach”, Computers in Biology and Medicine, Volume 44, 1 January 2014, Pages 27–36 (SCI, Impact Factor 1.162)
- Tzu-Yi Yu, Hsiao-Tzu Huang, “Coupling a Memetic Algorithm to Simulation Models for Promising Multi-Period Asset Allocations”, Computers and Operations Research,Volume 40, Issue 10, October 2013, Pages 2585–2597 (SCI, Impact Factor 1.720)
- Tzu-Yi Yu,Yung-Tsung Lee and Hong-Chih Huang,“On the application of efficient hybrid heuristic algorithms – an insurance industry example”, Applied Soft Computing, Volume 12, Issue 11, November 2012, Pages 3452–3461 (SCI, Impact Factor 2.612)
- Tzu-Yi Yu, Jiann-Cherng Yang, Yeong-Lin Lai, Chih-Cheng Chen, Han-Yu Chang. “Applying an enhanced heuristic algorithm to constrained two-dimensional cutting stock problem”, Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, No 7-2S, pages 583S–591S (SCI, Impact Factor 0.642)
- Tzu-Yi Yu, Hong-Chih Huang, Chun-Lung Chen, Qun-Ting Lin. “Generating effective defined-contribution pension plan using simulation optimization approach”, Expert Systems With Applications, volume 39, p.p. 2684–2689 (accepted for publication on 2012) (SCI, Impact Factor 1.926) (DOI:10.1016)
- Amitesh Kumar, Yasushi Ito, Tzu-Yi Yu, Douglas Ross, Alan M. Shih, “A Novel Hole Patching Algorithm for Discrete Geometry using Non-Uniform Rational B-Spline”, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, volume 87, issue 13, p.p. 1254–1277. (doi: 10.1002/nme.3157, 2011) (SCI, Impact Factor 1.925)
- Tzu-Yi Yu, Chenghsien Tsai, Hsiao-Tzu Huang, Chuen-Lung Chen, “Applying Simulation Optimization to Dynamic Financial Analysis for the Asset-Liability Management of a Property-Casualty Insurer”, Applied Financial Economics, Vol 21, Issue 7, pp 505~518, 2011
- Fengxiang X. Han, Roger L. King, Jeffrey S. Lindner, Tzu-Yi Yu, Surya S. Durbha, Nicolas H. Younan, David L. Monts, Yi Sua, John C. Luthe, M. John Plodinec, “Nutrient fertilizer requirements for sustainable biomass supply to meet U.S. bioenergy goal”, Biomass and Bioenergy,Volume 35, Issue 1, January 2011, Pages 253-262 (SCI, Impact Factor 3.326)
- Tzu-Yi Yu, Chenghsien Tsai, Hsiao-Tzu Huang, “Applying Simulation Optimization to the Asset Allocation of a Property-Casualty Insurer”,European Journal of Operational Research, Volume 207, Issue 1, 16 November 2010, Pages 499-507 (SCI, Impact Factor 2.093)
- Tzu-Yi Yu, Hsu-Hua Ho, “The Design and Development of a Physician-Oriented PACS for the Enhancement of e-Hospital Facilities”,International Journal of Medical Informatics, Volume 77, Issue 12, pp 836~847, December 2008. (SCI, Impact Factor 1.579)
- Sheng-Wen Shih, Yao-Tung Chuang, and Tzu-Yi Yu, “An Efficient and Accurate Method for the Relaxation of Multiview Registration Error”,IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, VOL. 17, NO. 6, pp 968~981; JUNE 2008. (SCI, Impact Factor 2.462)
- Alan M. Shih, Tzu-Yi Yu, S. Gopalsamy, Yasushi Ito and B. Soni, “Geometry and Mesh Generation for High Fidelity Computational Simulations Using Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines”, Applied Numerical Mathematics. Volume 55,Issue 3 , November 2005, Pages 368-381 (SCI, Impact Factor 0.986)
- TzuYi Yu, Biju UTHUP, “Generalization Mesh Redistribution Using Controlled Weighted Averaging”, Computational Fluid Dynamics Journal, Vol.12 No.4, pp 637~645. January 2004. (EI)
- Sheng-Wen Shih, Tzu-Yi Yu., “On Designing an Isotropic Fiducial Mark” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 12 No. 9, pp 1054~1066. September 2003. (SCI, Impact Factor 2.642)
- Yu T.Y. and Soni B. K., “The Application of NURBS in numerical grid generation”, Journal of Computer-Aided Design, Volume 27., Number 2, pp. 147~157. 1995. (SCI)
- Shih, M.H., Yu, T.Y., and Soni, B.K., “Interactive Grid Generation and NURBS Applications,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computation, Elsevier Science Inc., pp.279-294, 1994; (SCI)
- Tzu-Yi Yu, JC Yang, Y.L. Lai, C.C. Chen, Han-Yu Chang, “A simulation optimization algorithmto a constrained panel saw nesting problem”, International Symposium on Computer, Consumer and Control, June 4-6, 2012, Taichung, Taiwan
- C. L. Hung, T.Y. Yu*, C. C. Huang, J. S Cheng. “The deployment and duplication of knowledge of tourism: The research and application for the intellectual organic farming business system.” ACME (Association for Chinese Management Educators) Conference, July 9~11, 2011. Tainan, Taiwan, ROC.
- Chia-Liang Hung, Tzu-Yi Yu, Chiuan-Hua Huang, “Incorporating Business Value Models into Organic e-Farming System”, The 2010 IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation & Technology, June 2-5, 2010, Singapore
- Tzu-Yi Yu、Chia-Liang Hung、Jiann-Cherng Yang、Wen-Long Lo、Quan-Hua Huang, “Constructing an Automatic Management System for Organic Planting and Food Traceability”, 2009 Symposium on Applications of Agricultural Informatics, Nov 24~25, 2009, Taipei, Taiwan
- TzuYi Yu1, Pete Chong2, Maonan Lin3, YuYi Yu4, ChinKai Chiu5, “A Mobile Device with Self Adjusting User Interface used for HealthCare System”. ACME (Association for Chinese Management Educators) Conference, Jul 12~14, 2007. Las Vegas, USA.
- Hsu-Hua Ho, Tzu-Yi Yu, Hung-Pin Hou, Wen-Yung Wu, “The Design and Development of a Physician-Oriented Information Infrastructure for the Enhancement of e-Hospital Facilities.” APAMI (Asia Pacific Association for Medical Informatics) Conference, Oct. 27~29, 2006, Taiwan, ROC.
- Chenghsien Tsai, TzuYi Yu, Wanyu Liu. “The Effectiveness Of The Asset Allocation Using The Technique Of Simulation Optimization”, the Tenth Annual APRIA Conference at Meiji University in Tokyo, Japan, July 30~Aug 02, 2006.
- P. Pete Chong, Suchien Chiang, Tzu Yi Yu., “An Application of Pareto Principle on Document Keyword Assignment”, ACME (Association for Chinese Management Educators) Conference, July 27~29, 2006. Hawaii, USA.
- Chun-Che Huang, Tzu-Liang Tseng, Horng-Fu Chuang, Gu-Hsin Lai, TzuYi Yu, “An Agent-Based Approach to Manage Heterogeneous Sources of Manufacturing Knowledge,” The 57th Annual International Industrial Engineering & Research Conference, Orlando, Florida,May 20-24. 2006.
- Hsu-hua Ho, TuzYi Yu., “A Self-Developed Picture Archiving and Communication System in Puli Christian Hospital.”, 2006 International Hospital Federation Asian Pacific Regional Conference, Apr. 2~5, 2006, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Tzu-Yi Yu, Alan M. Shih., “Surface Reconstruction and Grid Generation Using Reverse Engineering Approach.”, AIAA-2005-0925, 43rd Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit Conference, Jan 10~13, 2005. Reno, Nevada
- Tzu-Yi Yu, Jiann-Cherng Yang, “Integrating Optimization Algorithm for Actuate Grid Adaption”, 2004 AASRC/CCAS Joint Conference, Taichung.,December,2004.
- Tzu-Yi Yu, Sheng-Wen Shih, Wei-Ting Jheng, Tsan Cheng Yu., “Structured Mesh Generation from Sculptured Dataset.(CFD11-0201)”, The 11th National Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, Tai-Tung, August 2004,
- Tzu-Yi Yu, Alan M. Shih, Ming-Tang Jhang, Wei-Ting Jheng, Pei-Yu Luo, “Developing Window Based Visualization Software Using vtk (CFD11-0304)”, The 11th National Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, Tai-Tung, August 2004,
- J.C. Yang1, Tzu-Yi Yu2 , “Two-directional Wavelet DLG Surface Generation(CFD11-0202)”, The 11th National Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, Tai-Tung, August 2004,
- S. Gopalsamy, TzuYi Yu, “A Geometry Engine for CAD/Grid Integration”, AIAA 2003-800, 41st Aerospace Sciences Meeting & Exhibit, 6 - 9 January 2003, Reno, Nevada
- Sheng-Wen Shih, Tzu-Hsuan Lo, Tzu-Yi Yu and Wen-Shiung Chen, “A Stereo Interface for Accessing Stereo Matching Results from A Human Operator,”Electronic Proceedings of the IPPR Conference on Computer Vision Graphics and Image Processing,pp. 210 ~217, 2002.
- L. Paul Chew, Stephen Vavasis, S. Gopalsamy, TzuYi Yu and Bharat Soni, “A Concise Representation of Geometry Suitable for Mesh Generation”, 11th International Meshing Roundtable, September 15-18, 2002, Ithaca, New York, USA
- Yu, T.Yand Shih, A.M., “Advanced Scientific Visualization Using VTK,” The 7th National Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, Kenting, Taiwan, August 2000.
- Shih, A.M. and Yu, T.Y., “Efficient Grid Generation Processes for General Turbomachinery Configurations,” The 7th National Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, Kenting, Taiwan, August 2000.
- Tzu-Yi Yu & Bharat Soni., “NURBS in Structured Grid Generation”, HandBook of Grid
- Generation, CRC Press, Chap. 30, pp. 30-1~30-26, 1999.